Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tag, I'm it!

Angela over at The Daily Alphabet and Kaleigh over at Kaleigh's Klassroom have tagged me in a blog game! I have to tell 12 things about myself, then answer 12 questions from the person who tagged me, and then create 12 brand NEW questions.

First, 12 things about me:
1.  I attended Abilene Christian University from 2000 -2004.

2.  I did mission work in France in 2003.

3.  I attended 22 schools from the start of Kindergarten until I graduate high school.

4.  I LOVE dachshunds!!!!

5.  I once worked as a chef in Chatham, MA (Cape Cod).

6.  I was recently name the District Teacher of the Year for my school district, Pflugerville ISD.

7.  I LOVE reading!

8.  I LOVE Jesus!

9.  Pink is my favorite color.

10.  I want to own a bakery when I retire.

11.  I actually love to clean and organize.

12.  I am obsessed with red pandas and wish I could have one of my own.  

Now on to Angela's questions:

1.  If you were not a teacher, what would you be?  I would own a bakery.

2.  Paper or plastic.  Neither - I am the reusable bag kind of girl.

3.  What is one thing that you wish you had learned when you were younger?  I wish I had learned Spanish.  I studied French, but being a Texas gal, Spanish may have been a little more useful.

4.  What advice would you give to novice teachers that you wished you had received?  I would suggest that they become a blog stalker.  Ha ha ha!  There are so many fabulous ideas to be found.

5.  Do you like technology? Why or why not?  Oh yes!  I love keeping in touch with people that I cannot see often.  Oh, and because of blogging!

6.  How and why did you begin blogging? I started blogging this month (January) because I have been told I should share my ideas more by other teachers.

7.  Do you have a class pet? Why or why not?  I had a precious hamster, Fluffy, for a few years, but she passed away.  I am looking into getting a hedgehog.  I like the responsibility children learn with having a pet in the room.

8.  If there was one thing that you wished you were allowed to do in your classroom, what would it be?  I wish we could cook in our classroom - like have an actual kitchen.  We do things on our hot plate, but it's not the same.

9.  What is your classroom decor style?  Bees - they're "bee"utiful!

10.  Where do you want to be in 3 years?  I want to be in our same home and be in the same classroom.  I love the way things are right now.

11.  What is something that you wished you would have done differently in the beginning of your teaching career?  Created a better file system... sigh.

12.  What will you do this weekend?  I spend almost every Saturday at the school.  I love the quiet time in the building to be productive.  Then church and a nap on Sunday.

Now onto Kaleigh's questions:
1.  What is your favourite children's book?  Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse - I even got to meet Kevin Henkes last year!

22.  Where is your favourite place to shop for teaching 
       materials?  Lakeshore
33.  Where would you go on a dream vacation?  Paris, France - I have already been there, but want to go back.
44.  What advice do you have to new bloggers like myself?  Unfortunately, I am new too.  No advice to offer... sigh.
55.  What is your favourite T.V. show?  Either Glee or Cake Boss
66.  What do you do to relax after a long day at school?  Blog stalk on the sofa with my two dachshunds next to me - they're right next to me right now - bark bark!
77.  If you HAD to pick the blog that most inspires you, who`s would it be?  Welcome to Room 36 - I love Jessica's ideas and creativity AND she is a Texas gal like me!  I also adore Julie Lee and Kathleen Pederson.  Oh and Deanna Jump!
88.  What is your favourite snack food?  Red grapes or cheese
9.  How many years have you been teaching?  8 fabulous years 
10. Can you describe your classroom in one word? What is it?  Buzzing
11. What is your favourite educational website?  Proteacher
12. Will you purdy please follow my blog? YES!!!
Now onto my questions:
1.  What is your favorite movie of all time?
2.  Why did you decide to become a teacher?
3.  What is your favorite transition activity in your classroom?  
4.  Do you have any pets at home?  What are they?
5.  What book(s) are you currently reading?
6.  What is your favorite Science topic to teach your students?
7.  What is your favorite holiday?
8.  Where were you born?
9.  What is your favorite type of food?
10?  What time do you wake up to get ready for school?
11.  What is your favorite scent?
12.  Did you watch the Kindergarten Expo?  (It was awesome!)
Now onto tagging 12 others...
1.  Jessica at Welcome to Room 36!
3.  Kelly at Kindergarten Kel
4.  Kristen at Ladybug Teacher Files
5.  Steph at Teaching in Room 6
6.  Kathleen at Growing Kinders
7.  Vickie at Mrs. Plant's Press 
8.  Meredith at Keen on Kindergarten

9.  Krystal at Kreative in Kinder

11.  Hadar at Miss Kindergarten
12.  Jamie at Mrs. Maya's Kindergarten  

Thanks for the fun time!!!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and tagging me! I am going to have to find some time this week to sit down and answer all those questions! Hope you're having a great week!
    Keen on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...