Tuesday, January 31, 2012

100th Day of School

I am sooooooo excited, overjoyed, ecstatic, and full of elation about the 100th day of school!  It's THIS Friday and I am totally more excited than my students, I think.  Kinder cuties just don't quite understand yet, but they know something exciting is coming!  One thing we are doing to prepare for the big day is a service project.  My class started a food drive yesterday (Monday).  Our goal is to collect 100 cans by Friday.  Here is our collection after just one day.  


We are going to count our collection each day until Friday.  We are also dobbing (is that a word?) a hundreds chart with a bingo dobber to show how much we have collected.  I did not take a photo of our hundreds chart, but I am sure you get the idea.  

I am also soooooo excited to wear my cool t-shirt I got to celebrate the day.


It's my first year in Kinder, so this shirt just about sums it up.  I came from second grade.  Love me some second graders, but I love these cuties ooddles and cadoodles!  When I taught second grade, I would celebrate the 101st day of school.  Always trying to be different.  We would bring in a white shirt and add 101 black dots, create doggy ears, and a collar with 101 Froot Loops.  Check out some of my second graders on my website.   

I'll post more of our celebration on Friday after we have celebrated being 100 days smarter!

2 comments:

  1. Cute t-shirt! Just found your blog. Welcome to the world of blogging!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did that same service project-my kids were so excited when we got to 100 cans! Love your shirt-and I totally know what you mean about surviving 100 days in kindergarten...I came down to kindergarten from 2nd grade 4 years ago and it was a BIG transition that first year...but I have loved it ever since! 5 years old are SOOO much fun!
    Keen on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...