Wednesday, February 1, 2012

American Symbols

It's February!  This is my first post in a new month.  Every post I have had so far has been in the same month!!!  Sprinkles to blogging! I do enjoy it A LOT.

In my buzzing room, we have been studying Symbols of America for the past few days.  Here are some pictures of our learning.

These ideas came from Deanna Jump's America Unit.  (Isn't she FABULOUS!) 


U.S. Flag


Bald Eagle 


Here are some of our American Symbols journal entries.  These cuties are SMART!  You can also find this journal in Deanna Jump's America Unit.




 We also tuned ourselves into the Statue of Liberty.  This idea came from Kim Adsit's American Symbols Unit.


The Liberty Bell was one of my own creations.  We used torn paper to create the crack in the bell.


We also organized our thinking with this bubble map.  The pictures can be printed from Deanna Jump's American Unit, too.  I created the title in the middle of the bubble map.  Click on the picture below to download it.
 

We played a review game that I found in Rachel Smith's American Symbols Unit.  I called a student up to my special chair and placed a crown on their head.  Then I taped a picture of a symbol on the crown and other students provided clues about the symbol.  Then the kiddo wearing the crown guessed what symbol was on the crown.


3 comments:

  1. Your symbols are so cute!! Im your newest follower :)


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great ideas! Looks like your kids had fun and made tons of projects:)

    Kelly
    "Kindergarten Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- I will get to your blog game soon! It's been a crazy busy week! But thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...