Thursday, March 29, 2012

Yippee for Randomness!

Hi friends!  My post is all over the place today.  It has been an exciting week! Here in Texas, grades 4 and 5 had the STAAR test - which means all of the other grades walk on pins and needles to stay quiet (which is so hard in Kindergarten, by the way).  Since it is so hard to stay quiet, we decided we would take a field trip to the dinosaur park.  It was a blast and we could be loud!


Field trips are also one of the few days that I pull out one of my favorite pairs of shoes.

 
 Yep, my bedazzled teal sneakers.  I have had teal as my classroom shirt color for several years now, so I about died when I found these on clearance a year ago.  My cuties think it's so funny when I wear them.


I also wanted to share how crazy proud I am of my cuties and their ability to add now.  Wow!  Who would've thought. I was pulling my hair out a week and a half ago thinking we would never get it.  We did do this quick little review today of addition using the giant ten frame I taped to the floor. 

My student teacher actually taught this review lesson.  She placed several "Easter" objects on the ten frame and then placed more "Easter" objects into the rest of the frame.  My kiddies wrote a number sentence to tell what we added together.  In the pic below is bunnies plus chicks.


 
 
Another bit of randomness is that my 31 Organizing Utility tote came in the mail, thanks to my new friend Katie!


 
Love, love, love!

Last bit of exciting randomness - I am taking the day off tomorrow!  Because I am a mentor teacher this semester to a student teacher, we get a free day off WITHOUT writing plans as a thank you.  Another mentor teacher is also taking her free day tomorrow and we are going to see Mirror, Mirror together.  Sprinkles to us! 

Happy Friday Eve!

7 comments:

  1. Your new bag is super cute! Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

    Shannon
    Kindergarten Hoppenings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your day off!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bag!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo glad I could help!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! I am across the hall from 4 (!) testing classrooms and it was more exhausting for me to keep my kiddos quiet than anything! I'm so glad it's over for now! Have fun on your day off!!

    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there,

    Thanks for following, I am just getting started and I can get all the help and tips I can use! I'm originally from San Antonio and moved to the Dallas area after college, but I LOVE AUSTIN! (Who doesn't!) I visit often, my sister is getting her Master's at Texas State! I am excited to be your newest follower, you have an amazing blog!

    Thanks again,
    Mandi Moore
    MOORE Fun In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and it is super cute!

    I just became your newest follower

    I would love for you to join be in all the fun and follow my blog too!-Ms. Patterson


    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...