Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Show and Tell!

Hi peeps!  I hope your week is off to a fabulous start.  I suddenly felt the desire to post about some crafty projects I have created this year.

This is my marker holder I created from a 25 cent lazy Susan from a yard sale and empty mandarin orange cans.  I painted the lazy Susan and then covered the cans with paper and these labels. Last I glued the cans on with liquid nails (from Lowe's).


Here are my bumble bee stools that I created from Ikea trash cans.  I bought the plain black ones for $2.99 each, turned them over, and painted every other row yellow with plastic paint.


They stay in my art area.  Aren't they "BEE"utiful!
(I have a bumble bee theme.  Click here to view my bee room.)


Here is my clipboard that I use for Daily 5 check in.  I made it from an old clipboard that was being tossed out.  I Modge Podges the cute craft paper onto the front and added some "bee"dazzle with stickers and ribbon.

 
 Here is my last little creation.  I created it based on this Pinterest idea.  I use it as an incentive for good behavior.  Whenever I spot someone making good choices I ask them to sign the Super Star Board.


At the end of the week I roll these little dice that are labeled  to match the header and side numbers.  The kiddos whose names match the coordinates get a special prize.


I hope you enjoyed my show and tell of my recent crafty projects.  I was wondering if anyone could be so kind and tell me how to link my blog to my blog name when I leave comments on other blogs?  Sigh, I just really would like to know.

 

14 comments:

  1. Love it all, especially the superstar board!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with the Super Star chart! That is such a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing your craftiness! I'm pinning it!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the art table/supplies!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your superstar board! What a great idea!

    Melanie
    First Grade Brain Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww....I think it is beautiful!! Check out Ladybug's Teacher Files tutorial at this link, it really helped me!

    http://ladybugsteacherfiles.blogspot.com/2011/04/video-tutorial-leaving-direct-links-in.html

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute projects! I sort my markers by colors too. =) I really like your super star board...Thanks for sharing!
    Bobbie

    http://thedailycupcake-akindergartenblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used the same tutorial that Angela mentioned. It takes a minute to type it out, but then I just copy and pasted the code to a sticky on my desktop so it's always there (except for now when I'm on my school computer:)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at how creative you are! I like the bee stools and rolling the dice for a special prize!

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!! I just found your blog! I love the Superstar board and the marker holder. I am your newest follower. When you have some time, come check out my blog!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Erica! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for an award. Stop by my blog to get it.

    WILD About First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad I found your blog!! I love all of the ideas above! Especially your super star board!! Is that a white board or a laminated poster? I cannot wait to check out the rest of your blog!!
    Michelle :)
    Kindergarten Stars

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...