Saturday, July 26, 2014

Home from Peru!

I was blessed to go to Peru with my church and work at an orphanage this month.  The orphanage community was amazing!  It serves over 800 children from the Lima, Peru, area.  The kids are so well cared for there and are given so many opportunities to learn and know God.  I didn't want to leave.  Here are a few pictures from my time there:

 Being greeted by 800 precious kiddos
 They lined up and hugged all 81 of us from our church.  It took a little over an hour to meet all 800 of them.
 Ventanilla, Peru, is the city the orphanage sits in.
 Miguel is the man who started the orphanage 25 years ago because he wanted to find find a solution to help homeless kids in Peru.
 Soccer field
 Sewing shop
 Peruvian puppies
 This is one of the many very clean bedrooms in one of the "casas".  Everything is so well maintained and cared for.
 I worked with Casa Ceasar Vallejo.  This casa has 66 little boys who range in age from 6 to 8.  There were six of us assigned to this casa and two translators.
 Path to the girls' casas
 What's a cat's favorite country?  Perrrrrru!
 Another pup
 Ventanilla, Peru
 My casa boys doing a jigsaw puzzle
 Our casa
 Our boys!
 My cuties

 Building robots




 Each morning was filled with praise and worship, crafts, and VBS.  In the afternoons we had a whole community activity.  This day was scavenger hunt day and I was a helper at the Pictionary station.
 The kiddos had to draw something they treasured...  They wrote my name in a heart!

 Me, Lauren, and Diego
 Casa Ceasar Vallejo and the eight of us
 Painting a picture of what we think heaven looks like
 Afternoon World Cup game


I can't wait to go back!

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome for you. I am planning on going to Peru with my church sometime next year. I am glad that you have a nice time in Peru with the little ones.

    Jasmine Hall
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing experience!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such amazing things in your classroom and beyond. PISD is so lucky to have you. I hope that some day our paths cross and that some of your awesomeness can rub off on me. Have a great rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I hope we can meet in real life one day. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...