Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nursery Rhymes!

Last week was a oodles of fun celebrating Nursery Rhymes!  To start the week, we investigated Humpty Dumpty and the wall that he fell from.

To start, my cuties helped me build a wall from our block center blocks.  Then we set materials under the wall to see what would happen to Humpty.  As we experimented with each Humpty Dumpty, we recited the poem.  This really helped them learn this Nursery Rhyme.




We also learned about Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and created these little star wands.  When they were complete we held them up and recited the Nursery Rhyme.


On Twinkle Twinkle Little Star day, we played Starry Letters.  I learned of this game from the amazingly creative Julie Lee.  I taped stars under the tables with letters written on them.  Then students laid on their backs and shined a flash light on the letters that I called out, then recorded them.




The Itsy Bitsy Spider was up next.  We created this little house with a straw attached for the "water spout" with a spider ring attached to it.  We recited the Nursery Rhyme while moving the spider up and down the water spout.


Our week ended with a fabulous Nursery Rhyme dress up day!


Me and my mini me as Little Miss Muffet


Little Boy Blue and Jack Be Nimble


Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars


Hickory Dickory Dock


Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

We also had a Nursery Rhyme parade around the school, but I was a little too busy to snap some photos. 

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I love the pic with them laying under the table.

    You little cuties are too presh

    Shuna
    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...